The Dexcom G7 is the latest continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system from Dexcom. It is a small, wearable device that measures glucose levels in real-time and sends that data to a smartphone or other device. Here are some of the key features of the Dexcom G7:
1. Smaller and more comfortable: The Dexcom G7 is 60% smaller than the previous generation (G6) and has a flatter profile, making it more comfortable to wear. It also has a longer wear time – up to 14 days – before needing to be replaced.
2. Easier insertion: The Dexcom G7 has a one-button applicator that makes insertion easier and more consistent. The applicator is also smaller and less intimidating than previous versions.
3. Longer range and improved accuracy: The Dexcom G7 has a range of up to 30 feet, meaning that the user can be farther away from their device and still receive readings. It also has improved accuracy, with a mean absolute difference (MAD) of 8.4 mg/dL.
4. Customizable alerts: The Dexcom G7 allows users to set customizable alerts for high and low glucose levels, as well as trending alerts to notify them when their glucose levels are rising or falling too quickly.
5. Compatibility with multiple devices: The Dexcom G7 is compatible with both iOS and Android devices, as well as smartwatches like the Apple Watch and Wear OS.
In conclusion, the Dexcom G7 is a significant improvement over previous generations of the Dexcom CGM system. Its smaller size, longer wear time, and improved accuracy make it a valuable tool for people with diabetes to manage their glucose levels. Its customizable alerts and compatibility with multiple devices make it a convenient and user-friendly option.